The health and safety of our residents and staff is paramount.
We are saddened to report that four of our residents have died from causes related to COVID-19 and we offer our deepest condolences to their families. In addition, there are presently 16 of our residents and four of our staff members who have tested positive for COVID-19.
To confirm, we continue to work closely with Public Health, the Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority and Government officials. We are constantly updating our policies and procedures as new orders, directives and guidance are being communicated to the retirement home industry.
We care deeply for our community and we all have the same goal, which is to do the best we can to ensure the health and safety of our residents and staff.
In this regard, we have taken a number of steps to deal with this matter in accordance with all applicable protocols, including the following:
- restricting access to only essential visitors, such as essential service providers;
- monitoring residents for any new respiratory symptoms or fever (including temperature checks twice daily);
- quickly identifying and isolating any resident with symptoms of acute respiratory illness or fever;
- adhering to all infection prevention and control practices;
- enhanced cleaning of all common areas, high-touch surfaces and rooms of symptomatic residents;
- cohorting staff members (including designating certain staff to work with symptomatic residents) and taking steps to secure additional staff;
- discontinuing all social programs and gatherings; and
- delivering all meals to resident rooms.
We know that by working together we will achieve the best outcome. We would like to thank our families and the community as a whole for their ongoing support during this pandemic.